“A fullness of life involves having an answer for those darkest of times.”
I met up with Wakefield Hare, CFP – founder of Greater Than Financial, LLC to get his perspective on finances, managing risk, and living life to its fullest.
We have no idea what will be over the crest of the next hill or around the ensuing bend. The decisions you make today will effect your tomorrow. The purpose of buying an umbrella is for the rainy day. Allowing you to live life to its fullest without worrying about future storms.
“Every conversation about money is really a conversation about what’s important to you.”
Listen to the interview here.
Watch the interview here.
- Who is Wakefield Hare? [0:57]
- What is the difference between a financial planner and an investment manager or a financial advisor? [2:09]
- What does money say is important in your life? [4:20]
- What is life about? [8:42]
- Things are ok as long as (this) goes right… [11:05]
- Insurance needs are not created equal [13:25]
- What are you prepared to endure? [14:01]
- Wakefield shares his fear and what it has to do with you [14:15]
- Do young, married couples need life insurance? [15:35]
- Where would you final expenses come from if you needed them tomorrow? [16:49]
- The tight rope of health insurance and your overall financial plan [18:06]
- Things will go wrong [20:20]
- 68% of adult Americans have NO savings earmarked for emergencies. [20:58]
- Your single largest need [21:40]
- Your future income is the single greatest asset you have. [21:39]
- Spiders, snakes, flying, and outliving your income [23:45]
- The best is yet to come [29:14]
- Life is practice [30:59]
“Your future income is the single greatest asset you have.”
The Best is Yet to Come
What are you looking forward too? Let us know in the comments below.
Connect with Wakefield Hare
Music Credit: Electric Joy Ride – Origin